Our program is a convenient way for you and your staff to earn Continuing Education Units or Clock Hours. Our courses can be used to promote individual professional development, staff development training, and parent education.
View our CEU Courses
with a brief synopsis for each title or learn more about CDA Certification and CDA Renewal
If you are interested in obtaining your CDA credentials, the following guidebook will walk you through each step of the process.
The CDA Prep Guide by Debra Pierce
The Continuing Education process is simple:
- You watch a video (VHS or DVD), and we recommend that you take notes./li>
- Study the materials carefully.
- Take the test and fax or mail it back to us for grading. In order to be graded, your test must be purchased. We do not grade tests that have not been purchased.
- If you pass the test, you earn the the number of CEU credits or clock hours of the course that you passed.
What makes our courses so unique?
- Each course is video-based. Most courses are now available in VHS and DVD formats.
- The videos can be used over and over again to train new staff members.
- The videos can be used to develop parent-professional resource libraries and support parent partnerships in your program.
How do I know these courses are of quality?
• Our training courses are approved for Continuing Education Units through Frank Porter Graham, Child Development Institute at University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
• Masters’ level professionals representing the field of early childhood education have reviewed and approved each course.
• Our courses meet Core Competency Standards established by the Council for Professional Recognition. Clock hours apply toward CDA certification and CDA renewal.
Here are some of the course topics that are available
- Assessment & Observation
- Child Abuse
- Child Development
- Diversity & Culture
- Guidance & Discipline
- Health & Safety
- History & Theory
- Language & Communication
- Special Education
- Working with Families
- and More ...
View the section of our site with CEU Courses with a synopsis of each course.
To learn more about Child Development Media Continuing Education Program contact us at
Tel: (800) 405-8942
Fax: (818) 989-7826