Child Development Media only asks information from you that we need to provide the services you request. Currently, personal or organization information is required in order to take advantage of the following services:
- Purchases. Name, address, telephone number, email address, and credit card information are necessary for purchase and delivery.
- Catalog Requests. We need a name, address, and telephone number or email address (in case the address is wrong) to send the catalog. To be removed from our mailing list at any time, call 818-964-1338.
- Up-dates on New Materials and Special Offers. To receive up-dates we require either a fax number or email address. This service can be canceled at any time.
- Email Newsletter. We simply need an email address. Subscriptions can be canceled at any time.
How to order
There are four ways for you to place an order.
- Online: You can purchase materials online using a valid credit card.
- Telephone: You can call us at 818-964-1338 to place your order directly with a customer service representative. A representative will be available to take your call Monday-Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm Pacific time. Phone orders require a valid credit card.
- Fax: Faxed orders must include a valid credit card number or official agency purchase order.
- Mail: You may send your order with a check, money order, credit card, or agency purchase order to:
Child Development Media
5632 Van Nuys Blvd, Suite 286
Van Nuys, CA 91401
There are 4 ways to pay for the materials you select.
- We accept all major credit cards (Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Discover) with all orders.
- Personal or agency checks are accepted with orders that are mailed. Payment must be in U.S. dollars and drawn on a U.S. bank.
- Money orders are accepted with orders that are mailed.
- Organization or agency purchase orders are only accepted by fax or mail on organization letterhead.
- All prices are in U.S. Dollars.
- Prices are subject to change.
Shipping and Handling
- All regular orders shipped within the U.S. are shipped UPS Ground. Street addresses are required. UPS cannot deliver packages to PO Boxes. Orders to APO, FPO and PPO Military Bases are shipped Priority Mail through the U.S. Postal Service.
- Rush orders are available. Rates are based upon USPS and UPS services.
- Customers may be contacted if additional shipping and handling charges are required.
- All orders shipped to addresses within the State of California are subject to California state and local sales tax.
- California state and local sales tax is automatically calculated at 8.75%.
- Handling and shipping charges are not subject to sales tax.
An essential concern of Child Development Media is to assure the security and safety of all online transactions that you make with us. We take the utmost care with the information you provide when you place an order.
All of our transactions are performed on a secure server connection between your browser and any sensitive portions of our site.
All of the information you submit - including your credit card number, name, address, contact information, and even the list of materials you've chosen to purchase - is encrypted by a secure server using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), the industry-standard security software.
We guarantee our secure services. This will enable you to shop with confidence, privacy, and security!
Some browsers will display a Security Information window that simply lets you know that you are about to enter a secure internet connection, so please don't be alarmed if this should happen. This is a normal built-in feature in many browsers.
Once you enter a secure connection, you will find a small closed "lock" or a complete 'Key" in the top or bottom portion of the browser. If there is no closed "lock" or complete "key," then the connection is not secure.
You can also tell when you are in a secure area on the site when the URL changes from "http://" to "https://".
If you have any questions or comments about the security of our site, please contact us at by email or call 818-964-1338
- We offer a 30-day guarantee to give you time to decide if what you order is right for you.
- Orders must include a credit card number, check, money order, or purchase order number.
- Child Development Media does not offer free previews.
- Child Development Media offers a 30-day money back guarantee.
- Videos and printed material can be returned for a refund when accompanied by the invoice.
- All returned materials must be in saleable, unmarked, and undamaged condition.
- Customer is responsible for shipping by traceable means (UPS, RPS or insured mail).
- The initial shipping and handling charge is not refundable.
All DVD and Videos sold via Child Development Media includes educational Public Performance Rights. Educational public performance rights means any noncommercial exhibition of the physical DVD to a group for educational purposes. The term of the public performance license is for the life of the DVD. Purchase of DVDs does not include the right to charge admission for the viewing of the films. Film may not be duplicated, digitized or transmitted electronically in any form without a Digital Site License or specific permission from the copyright owner.